Meditation is something most of us have herd of. But what is it and why should you do it? Meditation is when you focus on your mind. Its often used to get inner peace and to relax, and some use it for religious reasons.
ITS HEALTHY. So why not spend 20 minutes a day on it?
It reduces the chances of getting a stroke or a heart disease, it improves your ability to work under stress, it reduces your blood pressure, it decreases depression, and the list goes on and on, but you can find a lot longer list on liveanddare who has made a great list on all the reasons to meditate.
Meditation is a great way to relief stress, and you dont need to do it more than 20 minutes a day, so you can easily make time for it.
So How Do You Meditate?
- When you meditate your goal is to relax your inner mind, so you need to wear comfortable clothes.
- When you meditate its a good idea to find a peaceful environment so its easier for you to relax.
- Make sure you sit in a comfortable position, you dont NEED to sit in the traditional way, but a lot of people do it. You can sit in a chair if you want to, but just make sure you sit in a comfortable way, that works best for you.
- Close your eyes. Meditation can be done with your eyes open, but as a beginner i advise you to start with your eyes closed.
- Concentrate on your breathing.
- Clear your mind. When you meditate you need to focus on one, thing and one thing only.
When you have done all of the above, you should be on a good start of meditating. I hope you learned what you came for and Good luck on the meditation!